Monday, January 17, 2011

A good ol' fashioned birthday party

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's interesting but I do believe my environment has played a big role in the way I have gone about doing some things in rearing my babies. My Momma was not a big believer in throwing friend parties every year or every other year for that matter. In fact I had one when I turned 6 & 12. The girls turned 6 and wanted a party and guess what they got a party. I pretty much planned the same things that I did at my party for their party..a pinata, pin the tail on the donkey and if we would have made it to another activity it would have been red rover. I started out with big plans with all of the inspiration pictures I had saved to my folders but as time quickly approached I had to keep editing and simplifying. It turned out to be so much fun and I am really glad I had not planned some elaborate party that included crafting or painting glitter nails because when it came down to it the girls had more fun jumping and chasing each other around more than anything. One thing that I observed that warmed my heart was when Maile noticed a little girl that was off by herself. She went over to her and asked her if she was ok and if she was having fun. She then invited her to join the other girls. I guess she really did listen to me the day before when I talked to her and Maren about making sure nobody ever felt left out. Well they are six now and I am really happy to have been able to celebrate another year of our lives together. I sometimes feel like they got the short end of the stick when the boys came. They sort of lost me as their Mom for a little while. I am thankful for those other women that step into my shoes to help in taking care of them and making them feel loved. I am thankful for the sweetness my little M & M's bring into our home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that we had to miss the big birthday party but it sure looks like they had a fun time. That is such a sweet remembrance that you shared about Maile. She rather reminds me of her mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific birthday party. It was perfect in every way and brought back some good ol' fashion memories. Can we play Red Rover next time I'm in town?

    ReplyDelete