Wednesday, September 14, 2011

quiet moments

Photobucket

Everything was so quiet. I had just dropped the boys off the preschool after a rough 24 hour bout of mothering. I have completely not been playing my best Mom game these last few days. There usually isn't very much that can get me to slow down but this morning I had already given in to the fact the I just didn't want to do anything today...like nothing..like sit on the couch and watch movies all day kind of nothing. I was not in the mood to execute all of the busyness that I had already had outlined...just have plain lost my mojo. As I walked around observing the mess that I clearly needed to pick up but did not want to pick up, I wondered if life is extra hard because of having 3 four year old boys or was there something else I need to be doing that would help me snap out of this little slump? I mean I don't know any different and think I have pretty great stamina but I also think it may be a little hard right now with all of these little kids in the same age bracket...but not quite sure though. Then I looked over at the window in dining area and saw Maile's kitty cat and her polka dot blankets that she has had from birth and that helped to spark something in my mother heart that gave me a little extra push to just keep on trying. I am so thankful for those quiet moments that help me when I just want to give in to life.


No comments:

Post a Comment